Join the Cocoon Online Business Club and you'll get access to the support, training and community you need to grow a successful business that works around family life
The Cocoon is the inner sanctum of Making Mumpreneurs, a safe place to learn, evolve and grow. Beat the loneliness of solo working & surround yourself with passionate, motivated, entrepreneurial women.
- Do you wish you felt more supported on your business journey?
- Do you question your decisions on a daily basis?
- Do you miss the feeling of being part of a team?
- Do you feel frustrated that you’re making slower progress than you had hoped?
- Are you constantly getting lost down the Google rabbit hole of searching for answers?
Working for yourself can be painfully lonely at times. You question your decisions, doubt your effectiveness and wonder if you’ll actually make it. When you’re used to working in a team or in an office environment, working alone at home can be an incredibly difficult transition.
Before having kids I worked in TV production and I was in my element. I was ready for a change and I wanted to create a new work/life balance for myself, but it was a huge adjustment to go from being in a vibrant, creative industry to becoming a solopreneur. If it wasn’t for the incredible support network of like-minded mums in business that I had actively created for myself, I would have given up a long time ago.
That’s why I created The Cocoon online business club – to share this support network with you and demonstrate the power of feeling part of something much bigger. If you’re on the journey of building a business while bringing up a family, you really are doing something amazing with your life, so don’t ever forget it.
Being an entrepreneur is a rollercoaster, but in The Cocoon we will be there to hold your hand when you need guidance and high-five you when you celebrate your success.
Wouldn’t it feel amazing to:
- Feel confident about the decisions you make in your business so you can keep moving forward
- Know you have access to the tools & training you need to take your business to the next level so you can get more customers and increase your revenue
- Feel part of a close knit community of other women like you, so you have people to chat to about your challenges (and you don't have to bore your friends or partner!)
- Be able to ask for help whenever you need it, without feeling silly, so that you can keep growing as a business owner
Whether you are just starting out or have been running your business for years, learning new skills is an integral part of being an entrepreneur. In The Cocoon we embrace continual learning with our monthly masterclasses and expert speakers. You will feel supported through regular member calls, daily conversations in our private Facebook group and a sense of camaraderie with other mums in business facing similar challenges.
What Membership Includes:
- Enhance your business and personal development skills with our monthly masterclasses
- Private supportive Facebook community of like minded mums in business
- Get expert advice on your business challenges from our panel of experts and regular Facebook Live surgeries
- Zoom Member Calls & Quarterly Clarity Calls
- Facebook Live Business Surgeries keeping you up to date with what you need to know
- Monthly Goal Tracking & Accountability to keep you focused and on track
- Promotion of your business to the growing Making Mumpreneurs community and beyond
- A Smartphone App so you can access all the videos on the go and chat to other members wherever you are
Why you should join:
- Get all the benefits of networking from the comfort of your sofa
- Become part of an exclusive international network
- Surround yourself with like-minded entrepreneurs
- Have a confidential place to grow your biz & ask anything
- Develop in confidence & skills so that you can grow your business
- Share ideas & learn from each other
- Feel part of a team & have people to bounce ideas off
- Great value & affordable membership
A bit more about Erin
Hi, I'm Erin! My self employed journey started in 2008 when I left my career in TV to have my first son. I knew that working in that industry wouldn't give me the work/life balance that I wanted, so I started looking for other options. When my son was 6 months old I started my first business, and haven't looked back! Over the last decade I have been a franchisee, sole trader and limited company director setting up 5 small businesses whilst bringing up my two boys. Now I help other women to build businesses around family life. You can read more about my journey here.
Want to see behind the scenes of The Cocoon?
Watch this video to learn more about what’s included when you become a member
How much does it cost?
Membership is affordable and accessible for small business owners at just £29 per month (less than £1 per day). I want you to be super happy with your membership so I’m not tying you in to a contract. If you don’t want to continue, just cancel your PayPal subscription 72 hours before the end of your month. I also offer a 30 day money back guarantee as I am confident you will find huge value in what The Cocoon offers.
How does the Free Trial work?
All membership options come with a 5 DAY ALL ACCESS PASS which allows you to take a look around and see what's on offer to help you grow your business. You will need to set up the PayPal subscription, however if you decide not to continue with your membership, just cancel via PayPal on day 4 of the trial and no money will be taken (you will receive an email reminder that the trial is coming to an end).
What are my options?
There are 3 options for your Membership:
- Monthly Membership is just £29 per month. You will not be tied in to a contract so can cancel anytime. We are confident that you will love being part of the community and find huge value in being a member.
- Annual Membership is £261 which means you receive 3 months free of charge! Make an investment in yourself and commit to continual learning as you build and grow your business.
- Monthly Membership to The Cocoon PLUS a monthly 1-1 mentoring session with Erin to really get the momentum going in your business, £95 per month.
Choose your membership below, proceed to PayPal to complete the process, and I will see you on the other side!
Enrolment is currently closed - to be notified when the doors open sign up here
30 Day No Questions Asked Money-Back Guarantee
When you join The Cocoon, you are fully protected by our 100% Satisfaction-Guarantee. If you don't feel like you've received value and you decide you want to cancel any time within the next 30 days, just let us know and we'll send you a prompt refund. No hassles.
I know first-hand how overwhelming and sometimes isolating it can be trying to run a business whilst raising children. The Cocoon is designed to support you on your entrepreneurial journey by providing relevant, valuable and high-quality information that you can digest at your own pace. I understand that time is so limited and it's important to be REALISTIC with your learning goals to prevent feelings of frustration and failure. You are juggling so many plates and it is important that your business works for YOU. Let me help! If you have any questions about the membership, email me here.
Felicity Sandford - Owner of Amazing Futures Ltd
Member of The Cocoon
Amazing Futures is a Marketing Support Services & Consultancy business that I set up in September 2017.
The Cocoon was a vital support to me as I got ready to launch my business. Everyone is so supportive and keen to help, not just the panel members (who are great!) but all the members as well.
There’s a real feeling of ‘sisterhood’ on there, with mutual encouragement and bags of useful advice and support. Through the Cocoon I was guided through the decision of whether to set up Amazing Futures as a limited company or as a Sole Trader.
I also received crucial advice in setting up contracts and financial systems. I love the monthly training calls, have just enjoyed the PR masterclass and feel that it’s a very low cost way to keep up your knowledge and learning. It’s a cosy environment where you feel comfortable posting any sort of questions relating to your business.
Melanie Moss, Owner of Melanie Moss Photography
Member of The Cocoon
I’ve been running a photography business, Melanie Moss Photography, for 10 years this June. It’s gone amazingly quickly and changes all the time as I do all sort of portrait and still life work but that also means I don’t have a solid routine of when and how I can fit networking into my week. Some weeks I’m around in the daytime and other weeks I’m in photoshoots most of the time. I love the job but it can be isolating at times and networking is really important to me. Being part of the Cocoon has been brilliant as, not only is it being amongst a wider group of very friendly supportive people but is completely flexible in what it provides. So I can rarely make the scheduled masterclasses or call-ins but that’s not a big deal as I can catch up later when I’m at my desk and look at all the masterclasses in one go if I want to. Erin and her panel put together fantastic resources that capture what every small business needs, whilst also challenging us to take part in activities such as Facebook Live week which I would never have put myself out my comfort zone in any other situation for!
The Cocoon is very much a bespoke support and of huge value to me and my business. I can wholly recommend joining it straight away :)
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be tied in to a contract?
No. If you choose the Monthly Membership you will be setting up a monthly subscription with PayPal. If you decide you no longer want to continue with your membership, you can cancel 72 hours before your next billing date (see Cancellation Policy below). If you sign up to the Annual Membership you save money by paying upfront. However you are still covered by our 100% Satisfaction-Guarantee. If you don't feel like you've received value and you decide you want to cancel any time within the next 30 days, just let us know and we'll send you a prompt refund. No hassles.
How much time do I need to commit?
The more you put in, the more you will get out! At a minimum you need to dedicate 1-2 hours a week to watch the training, watch the Facebook Live sessions, interact on the Facebook group, and make the most of the resources you have available to you.
What type of businesses can join?
Any! We do not restrict the type of business, or the stage that you're at. Whether you're just starting out, a sole trader, limited company director, franchisee or franchisor, there is huge value for you in The Cocoon. We are advocates for continual learning and development and will keep you up to date with the latest news and trends that you need to know about.
Do I have to be a mum to join?
No. The Cocoon has been designed with mums in mind, but all female entrepreneurs are very welcome. This is an all female community.
Does it matter if I am not UK based?
Not at all! This is a vibrant international community. The majority of topics are helpful for all businesses no matter where you live, for example we have how to film a professional video, how to use social media for business, mapping your customer user journey, how to increase your confidence etc. The time difference isn't a problem as all videos will be available after the event in the video library.
Do you run face to face events at all?
The Cocoon is predominantly an online community so our interactions are web based using our Facebook group, website member area, mobile app and software like Zoom video. Occasionally we do have in person meetups, including the Mumpreneur Momentum Days, but The Cocoon has been designed to be accessible to women all over the world.
The Cocoon Cancellation Policy